A guide to the Equalities ActThe Equality Act 2010 legally protects people from discrimination in the workplace and in wider society.
It replaced previous anti-discrimination laws with a single Act, making the law easier to understand and strengthening protection in some situations. It sets out the different ways in which it’s unlawful to treat someone.
The course involves a presentation and quiz which must be passed to gain the certificate for completing the course.
Objective of the course to understand:
- The Equalities Act and who is covered under the act
- Protected characteristics
- Types of Discrimination
- What is Direct Discrimination
- What is indirect Discrimination
- How to approach a discrimination claim
- What it will cost your company getting it wrong